Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's Getting to be That Time of Year Again!






Protect Yourself!

The sun is both our friend and our enemy. It causes us to: miss overheads, age our skin more quickly, it can even cause a mole to become cancerous. But it's our friend too-- the sun helps us produce Vitamin D, makes our commutes to work, school or play safer, and grows our food among other things.

Generally the tannest part of me is my red-neck. That is unless I wear my outback hat, like the one pictured above. Between that and slathering on-- with a latex glove during a match so my hands aren't greasy-- sunscreen 30 or above generally.

And the health educator in me wouldn't be doing his service if I didn't mention the ABCD's of melanoma, a deadly form of skin cancer. Check it out, it's worth a click and keep an eye on those moles--- especially the ones that get a lot of sun exposure. http://www.cdc.gov/nasd/docs/d001201-d001300/d001207/d001207.html


and on the humorous side, as far as tan lines go for tennis players, it could be worse!






No comments:

Post a Comment